Toggle Sidebar

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Searching for beer and a friendly face
Draefend
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Draefend
Other Characters: N/A
Awards: None

My head spins. I can feel my skin begin to crawl as I fight myself, slowly losing control to the rising panic. I curse myself for my shortsightedness. It never occured to me to ditch my clothes. If people found out who I was. If word got back to my father...I'd have to run again. I wouldn't survive another run.

I look around the bar, frantically. Edgy now, I consider bolting. But my new friend has been helpful. I can't just leave without showing gratitude. I also still need more answers. I read over the parchment before speaking.

"I'm not sure what a digger is....but I can't go here," I say softly, tapping the paper. "I need to stay away from my own.....kind. But I can follow rules. I've been following rules my entire life." The last bit comes out with a flash of anger, betraying my emotions. I can feel the boils forming, watching the raised bumps spread across my arm. I take a few deep breaths, letting my mood and body settle. I look to the human again.

"I'm sorry. I'm....I'm a mess...and you've been nothing but kind. I don't deserve your gift." Opening a hidden pocket I take a gold coin from my hunting leathers and toss it to her. "Leave no debt unpaid," I whisper. "I'm Fer..." I hesitate. Remembering my lessons. There is power in names. And once given it can't be taken back. Perhaps a translated form then? "I'm Draefend. Those few close to me call me Drae."
PMEmail Poster
^
A body of the streets
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Marusia
Other Characters: Skeezix, Sierra

Uh-huh.

For a moment, they're weighing the options of what to do next, before offering out a hand for the coin, "You can call me Dish."

The coin danced over the thick, nimble fingers twice before disappearing somewhere upon their person, because money was not a thing to turn down.

Well, Draefend, then you're gonna want to bunk with the Diggers, bunch of charitable hippies who run clean communes all over. The rules are simple. No drugs, no weapons, no violence, and you gotta help with chores. Bonus, I'm pretty sure someone recovering there right now would trade you a fresh set of duds for just that cloak."
PMEmail Poster
^
Draefend
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Draefend

I run through all my options, deciding to take Dish's advice. I'll seek out the Diggers and try to find a purpose here. Trade my cloak? It would be the final severance of everything I left behind. I gather myself up and nod to Dish.

"You've been most kind. I pray we meet again."

I head toward the door and turn. With a final look I offer my friend my mother's standard blessing. Singing softly at first, then with a bit more confidence I flex my voice:

"May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures. May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours..."

With a slight bow, I open the door and step off into the street. I backtrack my steps. Headed for the alley I had been sleeping in. I need to retrieve my pack if it's still there. Then I need to find the Diggers....and find my place in this new life.
PMEmail Poster
^
Thorn Leaf-and-Tree
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Player name: Silkblade

Thorn Leaf-and-Tree watched as the new Trueblood left the Ferret and towards an alley. This would bear some of his scrutiny, new folk were rarely ever steered in his direction, which was ridiculous, of course. Who else knew B-town the way he did?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
A body of the streets
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Marusia
Other Characters: Skeezix, Sierra

Dish turned when they felt someone's intent gaze passing over them for a moment, just enough to peer over the shoulder towards the source, and then went back to waiting at the bar for another drink. Blood lord, wonderful. Well at least they were guaranteed to behave civilized inside of the Ferret. Digging around inside of a battered, stained fannypack, they dug out a catnip and mary jay cigarette and lit it with one of the bar candles.

It was a free world and everybody made their choices after all.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

CWHP For Queen and Country Sanctuary The Jersey Devil WHAT A SHAME 1 on 1 RP
ETS Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG
forum layout coded by revo. of (display:none) & rpg-directory.com
The Bordertown world was created by, and is copyrighted by, Terri Windling. The world, its landmarks and characters are used with her permission only. All rights to Borderland material are reserved by Ms. Windling and the authors of the Borderland books: Borderland, Bordertown, Life on the Border, Elsewhere, Nevernever, Finder, The Essential Bordertown and Welcome to Bordertown.
Have a question but everyone's asleep? Stop by our guest-friendly help desk.