Toggle Sidebar

Pages: (13) « First ... 11 12 13  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Poetry's Fallout, Skeezix, Stoned Soup Kitchen OPEN
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 7 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Player name: Ru
Other Characters: Sierra
Awards: 5

"Hey, it's okay if you don't wanna..." Okay, angry girl was a little shy, but she was looking worried about something with her eyes. In the dim light of the club it would have been hard to tell if something was happening to to a body or not. "You okay?"

"Uhm... I...ah..I...." Skeezix fidgeted, trying to think of a polite way to put this. Why were her eyes burn and feel sticky at the same time? She hadn't rubbed anything around them....wasn't sweating. It was confusing and frustrating. Behind her the band struck up it's opening brass notes and she winced at the first off-key bars of a Nirvana cover song. "I...my eyes are burning..."

...It didn't helped that up close, Ylang could see tiny, glowing, sticky thick fluid slowly leak out of the corners of this kid's face. "Uh... shit, here!" The clean cocktail rag-napkin was handed over quickly as Skeezix got up from the table. "What just happened??"

"Allergic reaction?" Skeezix shrugged with a half-hearted laugh, stomach in her shoes. It'd been going so -well- up until her body had started having a funky reaction. It was just a weary guess, because that would be what shit in a lovely night. Her own body betraying her, because she had no damn clue how to take care of it. Or however much of a fraction there was of something magic and mystic in her blood.

...Screw that noise.

She mopped at her eyes with the napkin, and laughed again; at herself and the panic attack that had just come and passed without taking her over.. Almost got up and left, right then and there, just to check her eyes. "It'll probably pass in a bit."

"....you are batshit insane, you know that?" Ylang murmured.

"Well, a little. I know I'm not sane, I'm just working on not caring about it." Skeezix snorted, carefully wiping at her eyes and examining the rag. "I think I'll have to stick to cider. Which is a shame, that wine was kinda refreshing."

"Well, glad to hear we share the same taste in drinks, but let's see about getting your friend over here." Ylang said, getting up from the table and helping Skeezix to do the same. "Come on."

The blonde woman watched the girls for a moment longer before narrowing her eyes and seeming to pick herself up from the booth.

--------------------
avatar provided by the incredible Sfe Monster!

Anyone wanting to mug a troll had better be using a building on a stick

"We live and learn, or perhaps more importantly, we learn and live."
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Ilyas Aylin
 Posted: Mar 7 2015, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Player name: Senelfy
Other Characters: Deirdra Jacobs
Awards: 8

Switching positions allowed Ilyas to keep an eye on the conversation without busting his neck completely. He could see Skeezix and her admirer, who seemed not to be doing anything out of the ordinary. He could see the staring blonde lady, who obviously needed to be watched. Ilyas didn't like it. It gave him a gut feeling, all that staring she was doing. It was unlikely something was going to happen tonight, with him hovering around, but when the woman got up, there was an urge to do the same and follow her.

To just see what she would do. And where.

Skeezix's stuff was still here, though. She seemed to treasure it and although she deserved for it to get stolen for that terrible trust-comment she'd made earlier that night, He stayed put. But his eyes followed that suspicious person, and would continue to do so, until they could do no more.

--------------------
PM
^
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

His gaze would be noticed shortly as the lady glanced at him again, a sharp movement that gave him no time to look away. It was somewhere between an accusation and an act of pity, like she was daring him to look her in the eyes.

Of course that was when Skeezix and Ylang actually left the booth behind Blondie. The glowing gook around her eyes was making it hard for the drunk, stoned, ill girl to navigate the dimly lit crowd on her own. It was the halfie who whistled at Blondie briefly to get his attention when they got closer. "Hey.... is she alright?"

Or at least close enough to see that stuff coming out of her eyes was...yeah, fire-fly eye-snot was just not fucking right.

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Ilyas Aylin
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 12:45 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Ilyas could totally stare people down in a staring competition. From up close or a distance. This thing was usually easier when he wasn't so damn sober, but any stranger that challenged him could have it. Challenge accepted.

However, the sharp whistling sound started him enough to stop the staring match before it had even decently begun and after a somewhat startled twitch, he turned his gaze, to the two people he'd been watching earlier. Again, Skeezix did not look so good. This just wasn't her night, was it? What had happened this time? What had she done now?

Maybe an allergic reaction to being flirted with.

Ilyas shrugged lightly, but got up to give Skeezix her seat back. He knew what it was like to be unable to see and have your eyes sting like a bitch. It was no fun. "What'd you do?"

--------------------
PM
^
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

"What'd I do? Hell, you asking about before or after I got the phantom limb? Cause the only thing I did after that tail showed up was eat deep fried happinness and finish off a glass of wine." Skeezix answered, just sounding exasperated with the situation now. Good god it was probably the wine that did it.

"It was just birch wine..." The halfie girl shifted a willowy leg, to tap the back of her leg. "I mean Gray-o would flip his tits at this shit happening alla cause of a glass of birch wine."

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Ilyas Aylin
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

The halfie girl was babbling about some kind of shit and.. “I didn’t even get half of what came out of your mouth.” Unimportant right now, it seemed. Irrelevant to the whole situation. Here was Skeezix, who was bald and inky all over, and now she had a ghost-ass thing and glittery tears.

Ilyas would be sorry afterwards, but he couldn’t not say something.

“Don’t you think you drew enough eyes to yourself?” he asked with a sigh and a shake of the head. Pot, booze and fried food was apparently a combination not made for Skeezix. “A ghost stuck to your ass and now you’re crying glitter. Geez, if you want attention, just ask.” There. Sufficient Skeezix teasing and poking. Worst that could happen was that she’d start to cry again, which technically was already happening, so..

So things could really only get better?

--------------------
PM
^
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Things could...because Skeezix didn't forget the conversation that'd happened five minutes ago with Ylang before the goo started. "And here I was, talking with this lovely gal when it happened, I've completely stolen her spotlight." She was almost cackling. This eye-snot thing was just an irritating as hell experience, but it didn't seem likely that it was gonna be permanent.

"Well.. if you're sure she's gonna be okay... hey, listen if y'need a place t'crash, y'welcome at my place."

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Ilyas Aylin
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

“Hey, I don’t even know you. You could’ve bought me a drink first.”

Yes, Ilyas was on a roll tonight. Sarcasm, nasty comments and more sarcasm. And in a strange way that he was completely not used to, it made people laugh instead of making them yell at him. He wasn’t sure if he really liked it, but the change was interesting, to say the least.

“Besides, I’m here with her.” And he jerked his head towards a crying Skeezix. So rude, offering him her bed when he was so clearly here with another person. This girl. She had some guts. And they would soon learn if she had a sense of humor too. Maybe she would be the one doing the yelling. What better way to get to know a person?

--------------------
PM
^
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 01:48 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

"I'mma assure ya, y'gonna be fine, don't gotta worry about her chastity or whatever Romeo," Ylang flipped her head to roll her eyes at Blondie in a broad grin. "Since we're all like jackass anyhow, I'll put this on the table, For a cost of a coffee date, howsabout we say...Skeezix here takes the bed...and we take the floor?"

Okay, for the record Skeezix liked this plan very much. A real warm bed? The chance to get stoned a little more in private and sleep curled up instead of laid out on a stretcher? "Oy, if you're insisting I take the bed...I'mma insist on making breakfast."

"Trying to drive a tough bargain there?"

"Maybe." She shrugged and looked at Blondie. "I think it's rather now on what he wants on the table?"

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Ilyas Aylin
 Posted: Mar 8 2015, 02:37 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Wow. What was this halfie girl saying? Did she not see that Ilyas was way too sober for this and the words coming from her mouth hardly made sense? Maybe it was the accent, or it could be due to the fact that his was a foreigner, but yet again, half of what rolled from her lips just made his eyebrows crease. And Skeezix, who was drunk and high off her ass, apparently understood it all.

Whatever it was they were talking about, he didn’t like it.

“No. Nothing on no table, whatsoever.” Because.. that sounded way weird and put all kinds of thoughts into Ilyas’ head that really did not belong there. With a bit of effort, he managed to force them far away enough to frown at both of them. “You’d better behave.”

Because apparently, they were assuming that they’d head to halfie’s house all together. What kind of date was that? Fucking Christian stuff, to bring your chaperone into the bedroom. Well, fine, but Ilyas was only willing to go so far to help Skeezix feel better. He did not want to hear shit.

And he definitely did not want to see shit.

--------------------
PM
^
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

"Got it, I'll make sure she gets to the Diggers before noon." Ylang replied with a half-salute. Skeezix did seem to melt, or at least smile more easily as her new friend turned to smile back and give her a playful shoulder nudge. "See...y' didn't need to worry, your boy is just fine with this plan of you crashing wit'me tonight..."

"You win, you win..." Skeezix snorted with a soft chuckle, turning her head towards the source of Ylang's voice. There was still food leftover, but having gone blind, even if it was temporarily, had killed her appetite for the moment. It could go fill Blondie's belly, or Defiance's. Really, it was all over now save for the filling. Didn't mean she could go out and dance. "Let's see if there's enough space for a blind girl to try dancing..."

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Ilyas Aylin
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Ilyas had hardly understood the ramblings of this strange girl, but he'd gotten enough of it to know that she had some kind of thing up her sleeve. Please. What did she think? That he was just going to trust her? This night had been remarkable and odd things had happened, but that was still impossible. And it always would be.

"Oh. So now I'm uninvited?" No sleeping on someone else's floor while Skeezix took the bed? Didn't matter, really. Ilyas did not have to be inside the house to keep an eye on the drunk girl. He could crash in front of the door or under a window. Not an issue.

He was creative like that.

--------------------
PM
^
Skeezix
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

"You're still invited." Ylang laughed and twirled Skeezix to the dance floor. The stocky girl just glided on mincing feet to grin a little through the glow-in-the-dark tear-like goo on her face.

Maybe there was some relief in her features, that something had started to go kind of right tonight. Skeezix didn't really know, or much care at this point. The music was warming into a brilliant peppery, blues-warm blur in her ears now, as the drums and guitar picked up. The lead singer crooned so softly, yet it stirred in the heart like a wolf's howl as she sang.

"Have no say in what's at stake,
hatching from a tempest egg,
Black swan tear the temple down,
Black swa-ah-ah-ahn tear the temple down.."

Sure...there was no longer any sign of the Blonde woman who'd been stalking Skeezix, and likely wouldn't show here again any time soon. For now, girls could dance, if one of them did so blindly, no one cared. Not even her.

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (13) « First ... 11 12 13  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

CWHP For Queen and Country Sanctuary The Jersey Devil WHAT A SHAME 1 on 1 RP
ETS Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG
forum layout coded by revo. of (display:none) & rpg-directory.com
The Bordertown world was created by, and is copyrighted by, Terri Windling. The world, its landmarks and characters are used with her permission only. All rights to Borderland material are reserved by Ms. Windling and the authors of the Borderland books: Borderland, Bordertown, Life on the Border, Elsewhere, Nevernever, Finder, The Essential Bordertown and Welcome to Bordertown.
Have a question but everyone's asleep? Stop by our guest-friendly help desk.