Marusia
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Ru
Other Characters: Skeezix, Sierra
Awards: None

...but it might be possible to embed a playlist from 8tracks into the sidebar with a little coding, so if we wanted to say... collect the mp3's together and build one, it's possible?

I'm not sure of the logistics of building this, there would be file-sharing and we'd have to think about if we'd want to open a communal account or just host it one someone else's for 8tracks.

Who would be with me on this?
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Draefend
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Draefend
Other Characters: N/A

Interesting. But not sure what it all means
PMEmail Poster
^
Marusia
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Once upon a time, in the long days when the creator of this forum could still be reached, there was a music hosting service called Groove Shark, where Lily, the founding admin, had put together a Bordertown playlist.

Since music and myth play SUCH important roles in the world of Bordertown, it was a way for people to connect together ideas for plots and characters and get a general sense of atmosphere.

Unfortunately, Lily disappeared and didn't leave behind many instructions on how to use this site, and I barely know code. There're other admins I can ask for assistance and learning from, so I guess this is me actually attempting to WEAR THE MOD PANTS.

There's still a thread open where folks contributed songs that they felt embodied a part of Bordertown.
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Draefend
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Draefend
Other Characters: N/A

Wicked. Small sparks light big fires. I agree about music. Love the idea. Just not sure how I can help.
PMEmail Poster
^
Marusia
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

...do you have access to a file sharing service? 8tracks will only accept mp3's and I already have an account with them. Also one character playlist.
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Marusia
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

...there has to be a way to embed html code in BBC... that's the only code available for a quick insertion from 8tracks...
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

CWHP For Queen and Country Sanctuary The Jersey Devil WHAT A SHAME 1 on 1 RP
ETS Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG
forum layout coded by revo. of (display:none) & rpg-directory.com
The Bordertown world was created by, and is copyrighted by, Terri Windling. The world, its landmarks and characters are used with her permission only. All rights to Borderland material are reserved by Ms. Windling and the authors of the Borderland books: Borderland, Bordertown, Life on the Border, Elsewhere, Nevernever, Finder, The Essential Bordertown and Welcome to Bordertown.
Have a question but everyone's asleep? Stop by our guest-friendly help desk.