Toggle Sidebar

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

There and Back Again, Draefend Returns to HQ
A body of the streets
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Marusia
Other Characters: Skeezix, Sierra
Awards: None

"Young Elven Professionals... I think you need to learn about them from a resident, they'll explain it better than I can." Marigold replied, only willing to provide half of the answer. He wasn't as passionate in his dislike of them, it seemed, only mildly irritated. In fact, he gave the most eloquent of the elven signs of amusement at hearing what Danana had offered. "She is very open with those offers, and to be honest, she thinks you attractive enough to at least see what may happen. I doubt it was the rose that impressed her, but rather your impulse to try such a delicate working."

"You were lucky in that it didn't explode, but there is another reason to not use such a magic for a while small fry." The elf slipped into the English slang as easily as an otter into a river. "Whoever you're running from may track the scent of it on the Bordertown winds. Wait a few moons yet."
PMEmail Poster
^
Draefend
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Draefend
Other Characters: N/A

Every life has memorable moments; ones you reflect on, ones you reverently tell stories about. Some are generational. The "I will always remember where I was when..." Perhaps our moment was the return of Bordertown after its unexpected "closing". As powerful to us as the Border itself returning was to the old timers. Other moments are universal, but deeply more personal. You remember the first time you lost yourself in someone else's eyes. A birth of a sibling, the death of a loved one. The thrill you felt finishing a great novel. For each of us these are defining moments, profoundly redefining who we were, who we are, perhaps even who we will be. Interestingly, some of these powerful moments aren't recognized at the time. It takes reflection, deconstruction, maybe even comparison to other moments to truly value the complexity of the event, and its impact on life.

One of mine came in the basement of the Diggers safe house. And although it passed quickly, it seemed eternal in real time. It took me a moment to realize I had stopped breathing. And I don't remember how I figured it out. I was a part of myself, but also watching from outside my body. These weren't things that I was going through. Instead it was as if they were happening to me. I rose suddenly but only to my knees. I wasn't breathing because my body was fighting itself, locked in struggle. As a part of me was trying to draw breath, another more primal part of my body, was trying to scream. My throat already burning fire as a ragged, conflicted sound escapes me. It never occured to me that I could be tracked by magic. Raw, unadulterated panic flowed through my pores and there was no stopping it. If I could be tracked, then I had endangered everyone in the house. Anyone I gave coin to. And there was little I could do. My body exploded. Fissures opening in my skin as my armour tries to harden. I don't remember passing out from the pain, but I remember Marigold, once again standing over me.
PMEmail Poster
^
A body of the streets
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Marusia
Other Characters: Skeezix, Sierra

"Oh Root and Branch!" Marigold began to stand up as the new highborn kid lost his goddamn marbles in the middle of the packed basement. In her hammock, Skeezix growled and hissed away from Drae while still embracing sleep as closely as the medication would hold her. There was a loud THING nearby and she wanted to make it stop being loud by her head right this damned second.

Other people nearby had startled and swore as the young highblood had his first massive panic attack, melting down in front of everyone before passing out... Perhaps it was some small blessing that once he lost consciousness, his body returned to a broken-skinned default of his usual self.

"Root and branch, child..." Marigold muttered in irritation before turning around to find another bunk to lay this drama queen out upon. How much peca had been involved when the boy had landed... "Just some highborn drama Skeezix, go back to sleep..."

"Hrrnnhhhrazzumfrazzumrrr..." The young woman was at the edges of coherent consciousness now and rumbled in her chest at this fuss, before rearranging her limbs to stay cool as someone brought a folding lounge chair for Draefend to be propped up in. "Loud pain noise shaddup...rgrrrggm..."

"I could stick around and watch over her if you wanna break, Marigold." Bosch, one of the human Diggers present down here offered.

"Mab grace you with her absence, sir."
PMEmail Poster
^
Draefend
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon
----

Player name: Draefend
Other Characters: N/A

There is nothing quite like the feeling of waking up in a strange place. Hard to describe, as it is different for each of us. It took me but a moment to realize a few things at once. First, Marigold was standing over me. And by the looks of it, he didn't look happy. His face was like stone, and although his lips were curled in a hint of a smile, it didn't reach his eyes. The second thing I realized was that I was somehow sitting...which is not the position I last remember. Although to be honest, I was having a hard time remembering much of anything. The next tidbit I could glean was that I was in considerable pain. Parts of me were numb, and the parts that weren't were screaming. It was as if my body was tearing itself from the inside. I try to speak and think better of it. My stomach threatening to empty itself against my will. Marigold had been patient to that point, Sun and Stars bless him. But I imagine puking on his shoes wouldn't win me any favors. I close my eyes, struggling to control myself. Breathing slowly I count to 10, and without opening my eyes, I ask very softly, "What the hell happened...and who did I hurt."
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

CWHP For Queen and Country Sanctuary The Jersey Devil WHAT A SHAME 1 on 1 RP
ETS Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG
forum layout coded by revo. of (display:none) & rpg-directory.com
The Bordertown world was created by, and is copyrighted by, Terri Windling. The world, its landmarks and characters are used with her permission only. All rights to Borderland material are reserved by Ms. Windling and the authors of the Borderland books: Borderland, Bordertown, Life on the Border, Elsewhere, Nevernever, Finder, The Essential Bordertown and Welcome to Bordertown.
Have a question but everyone's asleep? Stop by our guest-friendly help desk.